Things to see and do - Avignon
Things to do nearby
- 120 €
- 105 €
- 95 €
Hôtel de Blauvac from85 €Book
Kyriad Avignon - Palais des Papes from79 €Book
Danieli from62 €Book
Avignon & Provence Tour :
Nearby tourist sites
Avignon & Provence Tour
Avignon & Provence Tour
Avignon Explore the sites of the stunning region at your own pace.
- Palace of the Popes The Palace of the Popes stands as a symbol of the church's influence throughout the western Christian world in the 14th century. Construction was started in 1335 and completed in less than twenty years under the leadership of two builder popes: Benedict XII and his successor Clement VI. The Popes' Palace is the largest Gothic palace in all of Europe. You can visit more than 20 rooms, where you'll see scenes of historic events, the popes' private chambers, and the frescoes painted by the Italian artist Matteo Giovannetti.
Pont d'Avignon & Pont Saint Bénezet Pont St Bénezet was the first construction over the Rhône River, located between Lyon and the Mediterranean Sea in the 12th century. The bridge had 22 arches and covered approximately 2,950 feet (900 m), linking Villeneuve les Avignon to Avignon. It collapsed in the 17th century and the king never paid to restore or replace the bridge; four arches still stand today.
- Lavender and Villages of Luberon Explore the villages of Gordes and Roussillon, plus enjoy admission to the Lavender Museum. During July and August, you can watch the distillation process that occurs during harvest. Available Tuesday and Friday mornings, Wednesday afternoons.
Stone Monuments Visit the stone monuments in the villages of St Rémy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence, and Pont du Gard. Avilable Wednesday mornings, Tuesday and Friday afternoons.
Van Gogh in Provence Ideal for enthusiasts of the well-known painter! See the sites in St Rémy de Provence, Les Baux de Provence, and Arles. Available Monday and Saturday mornings, Thursday afternoons.
Culture and Wine Tempt your taste buds with this excursion to the wineries of Orange and Châteauneuf du Pape. Available Thursday mornings, Monday and Saturday afternoons.
- Entrance fees for Popes' Palace and Pont d'Avignon
- Headphone use at both monuments
- No waiting in line at the monuments
- Half-day Provence tour
- Transportation via air-conditioned minibus (Provence tour)
- Bilingual driver/licensed guide (French and English) (Provence tour)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (Provence tour)
Popes' Palace: Please allow 2 hours
Pont d'Avignon: Please allow 45 minutes
Half-day Provence tour: 5 hours
Provence tours: Mon. - Sat.
Avignon: Mon. - Sat., though hours vary seasonally and by individual attraction
Departure time and location:
Provence half-day tour: varies depending on morning or afternoon departures; from your Avignon hotel
Your Avignon hotel
Children 3 years and younger may participate free of charge. Headphone narrations at the Avignon monuments are available in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, and Chinese. Narration on the Rhône River boat ride is available in French and English.
Complementary pick-up and drop-off are available on request. Please contact the service provider at least 48 hours in advance to request this service; the phone number will appear on your printed voucher.