SS Great Britain and the Maritime Heritage Centre :
Nearby tourist sites
novotel bristol centre from57 £Book
mercure bristol brigstow hotel from63 £Book
SS Great Britain and the Maritime Heritage Centre
SS Great Britain and the Maritime Heritage Centre : Michelin's recommendations
The SS Great Britain was launched in 1843 and was the first iron-built, propeller-driven Atlantic liner. The vast ship (98 m long by 16 m wide) is on show in her original dry dock where she is being restored. The innovations of Brunel's design and the saga of this great vessel are described in the museum.
- Address : Great Western Dock. Gas Ferry Road GB - Bristol BS1 6TYBS16TYBristol
- Phone : 01179260680
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.ss-greatbritain.com
- Prices : £ 8.95 (children: £ 4.95).
Opening hours :
- Accessible to people of restricted mobility - visiting: 10am-5.30pm winter 4.30pm). Possibility of guided visits (1hr) by appointment. Closed Dec 24-25. Cafeteria - car park.