Bodleian Library :
Nearby tourist sites
Nearby hotelsSee all hotel tips Oxford
Bodleian Library : Michelin's recommendations
The Bodleian Library, founded in the 14C and reconstructed in the 17C, is one of the richest libraries in the world with its almost five million books, manuscripts and maps. On the right-hand side of the courtyard stands the Tower of the Five Orders, richly decorated by the five classic architectural orders. Opposite, is the theology school, Divinity School, famous for the keys of its bridge vaults. The library of Duke Humphrey (1610-1612) above boasts a finely decorated ceiling.
- Address : Broad Street GB - Oxford OX1 3BGOX13BGOxford
- Phone : 01865277165
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk
- Prices : £ 6 (detailed guided visits (1.30hr), min 6 people: £ 12; Divinity School: £ 2 (under 14: free admittance); audio guides in French (£ 2.50).
Opening hours :
- visiting: daily, except Sun, 10.30am, 11.30am, 2pm, 3pm.