Nearby tourist sites
Nearby hotelsSee all hotel tips Saint Albans
Cathedral : Michelin's recommendations
The original abbey was a shrine to St Alban, England's first Christian martyr. The present building, dominated by its Norman tower, was started in 1077 and underwent many alterations. The façade dates from 1879. Interesting features inside include the nave screen (1350), the reredos (1484), the Lady Chapel (1320), the shrine of St Alban, exquisite medieval wall paintings and ceiling panels.
- Address : George Street GB - Saint Albans AL1 1BYAL11BYSaint Albans
- Phone : 1727860780
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.stalbanscathedral.org.uk
- Prices : (£ 4) - £ 2.50 offerings are appreciated.
Opening hours :
- Accessible to people of restricted mobility - visiting: 9am-5.45pm. Possibility of guided visits (1hr) by appointment: Mon-Fri 11.30am, 2.30pm, Sat 11.30am and 2pm, Sun 2.30pm. Restaurant.