Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace :
Nearby tourist sites
Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace
Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace : Michelin's recommendations
The house where Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) was born is laid out like a traditional weaver's cottage. Displays in the adjacent Memorial Hall illustrate the great philanthropist's works which include the Palace of Peace at the Hague, the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburgh, the Carnegie Hall in New York, Toxteth library, one of the 660 founded by Carnegie in the United Kingdom, and the many funds set up by him to commemorate various European and American heroes.
- Address : Moodie Street GB - Dunfermline KY12 7PLKY127PLDunfermline
- Phone : 01383724302
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.carnegiebirthplace.com
- Prices : £ 2 (under 15: free admittance).
Opening hours :
- Accessible to people of restricted mobility - visiting: 11am-5pm, Sun 2pm-5pm. Possibility of guided visits (1hr) by prior arrangement; May-Oct: 1st Fri of the month: weaving demonstration.