Inveraray Castle : Michelin's recommendations
The outside architecture remains a good example of Gothic Revival in spite of later alterations (dormers and conical roofs). The façades are adorned with Gothic windows and the central keep rises above the roof line. The 5th Duke refurbished the interiors in the neo-Classical style after the fashion of Carlton House in London. Note the extremely delicate decor of the dining hall and the fine series of Beauvais tapestries (18C) in the Tapestry Drawing Room.
- Address : Argyll Estates Office. Cherrypark GB - Inveraray PA32 8XEPA328XEInveraray
- Phone : 01499302275
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.inveraray-castle.com
- Prices : £ 6.30 (under 16: £ 4.10).
Opening hours :
- visiting: end Apr to end Oct:: daily, except Sat, 10am-5.45pm, Sun 1pm-5.45pm (last admittance 45min prior to closing time). Tearoom - car park.