Nearby tourist sites
Nearby hotelsSee all hotel tips Scotland
Things to do nearby
- 39 €
- 48 €
- 39 €
Chapel : Michelin's recommendations
Rosslyn Chapel is famous for the wealth and richness of its carvings, a veritable "Bible of Stone". Work lasted from 1446 to 1486. The buttresses, windows and cornices are covered in decorative sculpture, which is rather unusual. The choir bays with clerestory above, are bordered by aisles. The vault resembles a coat of mail made of stone. At the far end is the magnificent Lady Chapel. The Apprentice Pillar, to the right of the Chapel, has outstanding carvings.
- Address : Rosslyn Chapel GB - Roslin EH25 9PUEH259PURoslin
- Phone : 01314402159
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk
- Prices : £ 7 (under 16: free admittance).
Opening hours :
- visiting: 9.30am-6pm (Oct 5pm), Sun 12 noon-4.45pm.