Nearby tourist sites
Nearby hotelsSee all hotel tips Shaftesbury
Abbey : Michelin's recommendations
Founded in 888 by Alfred for his daughter, the abbey became the richest of its kind in England. In the 15 and 16C, it was said that if the abbess of Shaston (Shaftesbury) were to marry the abbot of Glaston(bury), their heirs would have more land than the king... In 1539, Henry VIII closed both abbeys. Today, only the ground floor is visible.
- Address : Park Walk GB - Shaftesbury SP7 8JRSP78JRShaftesbury
- Phone : 01747852910
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.shaftesburyabbey.co.uk
- Prices : audio guide: £ 2.50.
Opening hours :
- visiting: Apr-Oct: 10am-5pm.