Premier Inn Northwich South from45 £Book
The Park Royal - QHotels from63 £Book
Wincham Hall Hotel from55 £Book
Things to do nearby
- 54 €
- 92 €
- 50 €
Stourhead : Michelin's recommendations
The garden at Stourhead, designed by the banker Henry Hoare II (1705-85), is a superb example of English landscape gardening. He was inspired by his travels and paintings by Claude Lorraine and Nicholas Poussin, in which nature is presented in luminous shades of colour. The gardens are studded with temples and feature a lake lined with carefully planted trees and conifers. The house is also open to the public and its state rooms are definitely worth a visit.
- Address : The Square GB - Mere BA12 6JJBA126JJMere
- Phone : 01747861211
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stourhead
- Prices : house and garden: £ 10.40 (children: £ 5.20); house or garden: £ 6.20 (children: £ 3.40); King Alfred's Tower: £ 2.30 (children: £ 1.20).
Opening hours :
- visiting: house and King Alfred's Tower: Mar 18 to Oct: Fri-Tue 11.30am-4.30pm (last admittance 30min prior to closing time); garden: 9am-5pm. Restaurant.