Things to see and do - Kyoto
Leaving for Japan
Things to do nearby
- 114 €
- 103 €
- 50 €
Hotel Monterey Kyoto from11900 JPYBook
ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Kyoto from13600 JPYBook
Villa Aneyakoji from12000 JPYBook
Kyoto in One Day
Kyoto in One Day
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
The most authentic and exquisite Japanese style garden in the world, plus the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness.
Kyoto Handicraft Center
Enjoy buffet lunch (free soft drinks included except alcoholic drink)
and shopping at Kyoto Handicraft Center.
Heian Jingu Shrine
Graceful old court life is reflected in the brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, and in its enchanting inner gardens and ponds.
A renowned long wooden hall housing 1,001 statues of the Buddhist deity Kannon that date back to the 13th century.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops leads to the temple. Enjoy a sweeping view of the entire city from its lofty terrace.
- Lunch with soft drinks
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Please check column 1 of the KYOTO table for your hotel pick-up schedule: View Here
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- You can join the Kyoto Maiko Night' Tour on the same day. Connecting place is Kiyomizu-temple, the last visiting place of these tours. Please specify your requirement for this arrangement at the time of booking in the remark of the booking request form.
- You can also join Kyoto Special Night' on the same day. Please go to Kyoto Hotel Okura to join Kyoto Special Night'.
- On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. The tour will visit Nishi Honganji instead. This includes before and after the public viewing of the Kyoto Imperial Palace in April and October, three days before and after the Aoi Festival (May 15) and when there is an Imperial Household event.
- Please note that you are asked your full name, nationality and gender and age to follow necessary procedures before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- On Tuesdays in January, July, August and December (Or Wednesdays, if Tuesday is a national holiday), Nijo castle is closed. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
Heian Shrine will be closed to the public on October 22 (Jidai Festival) and will be replaced by Chishaku-in Temple.
- Drop off service to the Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is not available during the Gion Festival (July 14-16).
- Cancellation more than 7 calendar days before the services begin : You will be charged a 5% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 7 and 4 calendar days before the services begin: You will be charged a 30% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 3 calendar days before the services begin : You will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
- Cancellation the day of the services or after : You will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund)