Things to see and do - Pamplemousses
Leaving for Mauritius, Rodrigues
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden :
Nearby tourist site
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden : Michelin's recommendations
Pamplemousse botanical garden -as it is commonly known- is truly extraordinary. Locate a map and start exploring this tropical paradise begun in the 18C by the king's intendant, Pierre Poivre. Its paths and pools are adorned with the colours and luxuriant foliage of many plants, from teak, mahogany and talipot palms to water lilies, lotuses and spice plants. The site also contains Mon Plaisir castle, a vast colonial home built by the English in the 19C. A pleasure for the senses!
- Address : Pamplemousses MS - Port-LouisPort-Louis
- Phone : 243 9401
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.bgci.org/garden.php?id=531
- Prices : 200 MUR (-5 years old free of charge)
Opening hours :
- Allow 2hrs min - 8.30am-5.30pm - guided tours Rs50/person (visit the garden with one of the official guides first, before visiting alone).