MICHELIN Travel Discover the world
Home > > > > > > Know before you go Sweden

Leaving for Sweden

Where to sleep?

View 1191 hotels for Sweden

Know before you go

Enlarge map

Know before you go

Useful addresses

United Kingdom

Swedish Tourist Board – 5 Upper Montagu Street, London W1H 2AG – t 0800 3080 3080 – www.visitsweden.com

Embassy of Sweden – 11 Montagu Place, London W1H 2AL – t 0207 917 6400 – http://www.swedenabroad.com

Republic of Ireland

Sweden does not have a tourist office in Ireland, but travellers can consult its excellent website – www.visitsweden.com

Embassy of Sweden – Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2 – t 01 474 4400 – http://www.swedenabroad.com


European Union nationals: identity card or passport. If you plan on travelling to Russia too, apply for a visa before leaving home. It will take one week to obtain one when in Sweden.


Also see Practical A to Z.

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will provide access to medical care at a reduced cost or free of charge. The simplest and quickest way to obtain your EHIC is to apply online (UK citizens https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetRes/home.do or http://www.ehic.ie/ for Irish citizens). The EHIC card is not an alternative to private travel insurance, which will also cover costs such as repatriation. Some credit cards include travel insurance; consult your bank.


Stockholm – Official website of Stockholm. http://beta.stockholmtown.com/en

Gateway to Sweden – Official website devoted to Sweden. http://www.sweden.se/eng/

Top of page