Things to see and do - Colombo
Leaving for Sri Lanka
Things to do nearby
- 72 €
- 721 €
- 460 €
Nearby hotelsSee all hotel tips Colombo
Ancient Capital - 4 Days / 3 Nights
Ancient Capital - 4 Days / 3 Nights
A representative will meet you at the Bandaranaike International Airport and take you to your hotel in Anuradhapura. In the afternoon, you will go on a city tour of the first capital of Sri Lanka, Anuradhapura. You will see the remains of the Brazen Palace (which was once 9 stories high) and the Sri Maha Bodhi a Bo Tree, which is over 2000 years old and grew from the branch of the very tree beneath which the Buddha attained enlightenment. At the end of the tour you will return to your hotel for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 02 - ANURADHAPURA/ POLONNARUWA/SIGIRIYA
After breakfast, you will visit the ruins of the Ruwanweliseya Dagaba. You will see the 2nd Century BC shrine containing the Buddha's collar bone relic, the Abhayagiriya temple and the Jetawanaramaya dagobas. Next is a visit to the Kuttam Pokuna (also known as the twin ponds) and the Samadhi Buddha, a statue of the Buddha in a meditative pose which is being acknowledged worldwide as a masterpiece. Then, you will proceed to Polonnaruwa, the second capital of Sri Lanka in the 11th and 12th centuries. You will visit the ruins of the Royal Palace, the Lankatilleke Vihare (3rd century AD) the Thuparama Dagoba and the Gal Vihare, three splendid statues of the Buddha in upright, sedant and recumbent postures carved out of a large rock. Other interesting sights are the Lotus Bath, Tivanke Image House with the best known Buddhist frescoes of Sri Lanka, and man-made Parakarama Samudra built by Parakarama Bahu the great. At the end of the tour, you will check in at your hotel in Sigiriya.
DAY 03 - SIGIRIYA/ DAMBULLA/ MATALE/ KANDY
After breakfast, you will visit Sigiriya and climb the Rock Fortress built by King Kasyapa the Patricide (473-491), who was considered a god king. Having climbed the rock, you will encounter the remains of the Palace and its environs and see the famous frescoes. En route to Kandy, you will visit the Dambulla Rock Cave Temple and stop at a spice garden at Matale. In Kandy, you will visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic and witness cultural dance performance.
DAY 04 - KANDY/COLOMBO/AIRPORT
After breakfast, you will go on a tour of Kandy and the Upper Lake Drive. You will proceed to Colombo, stopping to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya and the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawela. At the end of the tour, you will be taken to Colombo or transferred to the airport for your departure.
- Anuradhapura: Heritage Hotel / Palm Garden Village
- Sigiriya/Dambulla Habarana: Sorrowa / Sigiriya Village / Cinnamon Lodge
- Kandy: Hotel Topaz / Cinnamon Citadale / Mahaweli Reach
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Meet and greet services on arrival at the airport
- Transportation by A/C car/van
- Services of English speaking local guide on transfers & tours
- Accommodation in standard hotels
- Sightseeing entrance fees to Cultural Triangle (Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya), Dambulla, Kandy Temple, Cultural Show, Botanical Gardens, Elephant Orphanage
- Daily breakfast
- Service charge and all applicable taxes
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Beach Stay
- Transfer cost from Colombo to Beach Resort
- The following information will be required upon booking
* Arrival and departure flight details
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Hotels are subject to availability.
- For accommodations in superior/deluxe hotels or on half board basis, please inquire.
- Rates for larger groups are available. Please inquire.
- Transfers to/from the airport and hotels outside Colombo City may be subject to additional pick up charges.
Summary of opinions
- Must not be missed (0)
- Worth the trip (0)
- Interesting (1)
- Not interesting (0)
- Date :
- Ancient Capital - 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Language: gbr
- Position : With friends
If you have great plans for your holidays, then Srilanka is the right location for that. Srilanka has a variety of locations that are ideal for you to explore and relish on your holidays. We have designed a variety of Srilanka holiday packages based on the various needs of the customers. The Srilanka holiday packages that we have formulated differ in its time duration, the locations and the budget. Srilanka has a lot of places of tourist interest, the most important being the beaches. Some of the popular beaches in Srilanka include Negombo, Mount Lavinia, Kalutara, Beruwela, Hikkaduwa, Arugam Bay and Galle beach. The popular cities that you could visit on a Srilanka holiday package are Colombo, Anuradhapura, Mihintale, Kandy and Galle. Sigiriya, Dambula, Aluvihara and Polonnaruwa are the other must see places in Srilanka.
srilanka tour and travels