Things to see and do - New York
Things to do nearby
- 37 €
- 30 €
- 48 €
Hyatt Times Square from199 $Book
Millennium Broadway Hotel Times Square from203 $Book
Guggenheim Museum :
Nearby tourist sites
For art lovers and architecture enthusiasts, get inspired as you spend a day at the legendary Guggenheim Museum. Heralded as one of the most important architectural landmarks of the 20th-century, the Frank-Lloyd Wright-designed building is as impressive as the art it houses.
Upon entering the museum, look up and admire the snail-like curved walls spiraling upwards 92 feet (28 m) to a domed skylight on top. Walk along the continuous ramp as it coils from floor to floor, allowing you to view the current display of exhibits from multiple levels and vantage points.
Spend time perusing the Guggenheim's vast permanent collection, which includes pieces from late 19th-century and early 20th-century painters. Picasso's Mandolin and Guitar leaves you pondering the meaning behind his Cubist-style composition. Marvel at the deep saturated hues and abstract depiction of Kandinsky's widely-recognized horse-and-rider theme in Blue Mountain before continuing on to explore works by van Gogh, Klee, Chagall, Degas, and Matisse.
- Iconic Frank Lloyd Wright-designed building
- Architecturally significant landmark of the 20th-century
- Permanent collection from Impressionism to contemporary art
- Famed works by Picasso, Chagall, Kandinsky, Degas & van Gogh
- Tours led by knowledgeable Guggenheim gallery educators
- Admission to the Guggenheim Museum, including skip-the-line access
- Audio and guided highlights tours
- Director's Pick and architecture audio tours are available in English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Children 12 and younger are complimentary.
- The Guggenheim is open from 10 AM to 5:45 PM Sunday through Wednesday and Friday. Open 10 AM to 7:45 PM on Saturday. Closed Thursday.
- Baby strollers are permitted throughout the museum.
- Double-seated strollers, backpacks, and larger toddler carriers must be checked.